Unable to save WordPerfect files

Anonymous
2009-10-30T21:22:46+00:00

I just got a new computer with Windows 7 preinstall. I install my Wordperfect 11 software. I am not able to save any files I create. When I try to save a file it brings up a window that asks where I want to save it and the name of the file. It also asks for a file type but does not allow me to insert a type. This is completely  totally different than what I used to get when I was using Windows XP. Do I have to perform an upgrade to WP to be able to save files? Does Windows 7 not support WP 11? Is there a way to get back to the old method of saving WP files in Windows 7?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-09T07:59:52+00:00

I got Windows 7 and Corel WordPerfect 10 to work together!

All I needed to do was find the main WordPerfect 10 program and change compatibility settings manually to run the program in compatibility mode of "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"

To do this I clicked on Start, then "All Programs", then "WordPerfect Office 2002", then on "WordPerfect 10" I right-clicked the program icon, clicked "Properties", and then click the "Compatibility" tab.  Then set to

"Run this program in compatibility mode "  "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".

Cool!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-03T21:52:15+00:00

Hello PhoenixHal,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.

This is information from the Corel Website: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1254516325170

Corel product compatibilityCorel is already making news as a leading developer of Windows® 7 software, and we are committed to ensuring that all our core products work on this newest Microsoft® operating system. We continue to work closely with Microsoft to ensure consumers maximize their Windows 7 experience.

The following Corel products work on Windows 7:

  • CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4
  • Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X4
  • Digital Studio 2010
  • Home Office
  • MovieWriter Pro 2010
  • MovieWriter Pro Ultimate 2010
  • Painter 11
  • Painter Essentials 4
  • Painter Sketch Pad
  • Paint it! touch
  • PaintShop Photo Express 2010
  • Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate
  • VideoStudio Express 2010
  • VideoStudio Pro X2
  • WinDVD 2010
  • WinDVD Pro 2010
  • WinZip 14
  • WordPerfect Office X4

These products have been tested and have no known issues when running on Windows 7. They will provide a similar experience to the same product running on Windows Vista® or previous operating systems. New Windows 7 features may or may not be supported, depending on the product. Please make sure that you have installed the latest service pack for any product you are running on Windows 7.

Any other information about compatibility with Word Perfect 11, you would need to contact Corel.

Sincerely,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-07T10:30:55+00:00

    I put the word "old" in front of perfect fit.   worked perfectly.  Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-02T13:03:40+00:00

    I found this tip extremely useful.  I upgraded my operating system from Windows 8 to Windows 10 and when I went to use WordPerfect 12, I couldn't save any documents.  Following the tip, I changed the file folder for "PerfectFit..." to "xxPerfectFit..." disabling it but it didn't work because I had already used JimTheTech's 11/9/2009 tip, changing the Compatibility Mode to "Windows XP Service Pack 3."  When I unchecked the "Compatibility Mode" box, WordPerfect worked fine.  I don't get the warning spiderbex reported.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-27T18:06:58+00:00

    Just a note regarding  WP and Windows 8.1 in case other people find it useful. I just installed WordPerfect 11 (WordProcessor+Utilities+Filters+Fonts only) and it ran straight away, apart from the known problem about saving and loading files. I went to the WP Settings menu and deselected Files/Use Enhanced File Dialogs. Problem solved in one click! It appears that you don't even need Compatibility Mode. It's Perfect (mis)Fit that's the real problem, it seems.

    WordPerfect forever -- no thanks to Corel. Now let's see what happens in Windows 10...

    Vic

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments