Is the .mov file type a supported file type for Windows Movie Maker?

Anonymous
2009-07-29T14:34:10+00:00

Quicktime+Windows Movie Maker

Is there any way to import MOV (Quicktime Movie File) files into Windows Movie Maker?

I have a Kodak EasyShare Dx4330 (very old model of digital camera)

Does anyone know of a FREE (not shareware)  Video converter?

Please Help.  This is a problem that I have faced for several years.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-07-30T13:14:50+00:00

Is there any way to import MOV (Quicktime Movie File) files into Windows Movie Maker?

I have a Kodak EasyShare Dx4330 (very old model of digital camera)

Does anyone know of a FREE (not shareware)  Video converter?

Please Help.  This is a problem that I have faced for several years.

=========================================

Apple QuickTime .mov files are not compatible with Movie Maker.

The following freeware can be used to convert the .mov

file to a more usable format:

Pazera Free MOV to AVI Converter

<Link removed>

(click the Blue download button not the Red one)

After downloading...open the program...

(no installation required)

Drag/Drop one or more .mov files...

Choose an Output Directory...

Select...AVI - Video Codec - WMV version 1 (WMP 7)...

Convert...(the button in on the upper toolbar)

When the file is converted...you can edit it in Windows

Movie Maker. Just open Movie Maker and go to...File /

Import into Collections and browse to your converted file.


John Inzer - MS-MVP - Digital Media Experience

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2009-11-14T02:00:13+00:00

    hey, thanks man.  this was really getting to me.  you know know, I'm only 11 years old!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-09-10T21:25:35+00:00

    will the program that converts quick time movies hurt my computer?

    Dell laptop with vista.

    ============================================

    I always say...proceed at your own risk because I have no

    idea what will hurt your computer. I can tell you I've never

    had a problem with the Pazera software. The program does

    not require installation...you just unzip it and run it.

    It's always best if you create a System Restore point before

    installing software.


    John Inzer - MS-MVP - Digital Media Experience

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-09-10T14:22:25+00:00

    will the program that converts quick time movies hurt my computer?

    Dell laptop with vista.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2009-07-30T03:47:01+00:00

    Hello Compudude98,

         Thank you for choosing Microsoft answers forums for Windows Vista.

    Windows Movie Maker no longer supports importing .mov files (Quick Time movie file) or video from a web camera or analog video source such as a VCR. To use video from your web camera, use the software that comes with the camera to record the video to your computer, and then import the resulting video file into Windows Movie Maker.

    I would suggest you to take a look at the link below:

    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/search.aspx?=&qu=import+quick+time+movie+file+into+movie+maker+

    You can also use your favorite internet search engine to locate the freeware video conversion software that you are seeking.

    THIRD PARTY DISCLAIMER:

    Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

    Hope this information is useful.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments