Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I tried to redeem the Bing rewards which told me that I need to add my phone number. I clicked on the link provided on that page (Add your phone number), tried adding the number, and since then I'm getting blocked over and over again with the following message:
"Try another verification method That verification method isn't working right now. Please try another method."
I tried adding my other number and yet it kept blocking me. I don't recall violating the terms and conditions. I remember adding my phone number as the security info which I removed later, but that should not stop me from adding the other number.
Please help me with the following.
Edit: The issue has been resolved now.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The issue seems to be solved in this morning. Now I can add my phone number again. Thank you for support.
No my issues not required, withdrawal time showing that "Not working" . kindly chek this and solve my account problem
Well I just tried that and they told me that is impossible to use authenticator and it HAS to be a phone number. Told me to remove the number from my old Skype but I cant login to it because the email doesnt exist anymore. So they told me to request an account closure. And guess what, I cant make that request unless I log into the the account.
Agreed. At least with MS Account support, it's been a live chat which has been helpful and allowed me to come to the conclusion this is all on the Bing Rewards side. They need to remove the requirement that you have to have a cell phone alias tied to your account. Just use the MS Authenticator or the SMS method. They use the SMS method at first, then they want to do it again via a cell phone alias. Really?
I did submit a ticket to Bing Rewards explaining all this and requesting they remove the requirement of having to have a cell phone alias since MS Account Support is telling everyone not to use a cell phone alias anymore.
I only had submitted the form to the rewards support (the 1st link that par_0511 posted, the same one), although I haven't heard from them since so don't know if that fixed it! I waited for two days and then tried adding my number again and this time it allowed me.