Microsoft Edge small "m" keyboard issue

Anonymous
2024-03-01T17:12:07+00:00

My small "m" key does not work in Edge on certain sites. All other small and large keys work including the large M. I checked my other computer running Win 11 and same thing. It seems an Edge problem. Is there a fix that you know of?

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T14:01:32+00:00

    Why hasn't this been fixed yet? It can't be hard for Microsoft but we don't have a chance fixing it.....................

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-30T17:01:16+00:00

    Same problem. lower case M does not work when commenting on MSNBC while using edge. Will no longer use Microsoft Edge as my browser. Smells like censorship to me. No place in modern society.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T14:47:48+00:00

    Did it and the problem is still there. Based on the amount of problems I have seen in the video comments I suggest this is an edge problem, not an individual problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T16:11:27+00:00

    I have the same exact problem. Happens on the dark pages if I want to post a comment. I need to use a Capped M to make it work. If I wrote a sentence with M's, it would look like this: y eories when I was a kid eant a lot to e. My eories as a kid meant a lot to me. So, you have to type it like this: My MeMories as a kid, Meant a lot to Me. But if spellcheck is highlighted, and you click on it, you will get the small m's back... But only some words are fixable. There is definitely an issue here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-02T09:11:12+00:00

    Hello TonyPalladino

    Welcome to the Microsoft community.

    To address the issue with the small "m" key not working in Microsoft Edge on certain sites, you can try a few troubleshooting steps. First, ensure Microsoft Edge is up to date by checking in the settings under "About Microsoft Edge."

    Additionally, clearing the browser's cache and browsing history might help resolve this problem. To do this,

    Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete and follow the prompts to clear your browsing data.

    Disclaimer: Your browser automatically saves temporary internet files to help pages load faster. Clearing this cache will sometimes fix website issues. Please back up all your personal files first, such as Favorites, to ensure you do not lose data.  

    If there is anything not clear or I can't understand your problem, please do not hesitate to let me know.

    Best Regards

    Patch - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments