Microsoft Edge small "m" keyboard issue

Anonymous
2024-03-01T17:12:07+00:00

My small "m" key does not work in Edge on certain sites. All other small and large keys work including the large M. I checked my other computer running Win 11 and same thing. It seems an Edge problem. Is there a fix that you know of?

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T13:39:50+00:00

    none of these steps helped. The small "m" is working for every other browser and application including word processing, but when I click on a article in Edge, and then click to comment on that article, the small "m" will not register. Very odd error, as the small m works in the URL bar and search engines in the Edge browser, just not for commenting on articles in my case.. As a result, I will not be using the Edge browser until this annoying issue is fixed. If there is another fix you can suggest that was not listed, I am all ears. Thanks! (edit) I am on Windows 10 Home.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T13:07:34+00:00

    Just a quick question, When did the key stop working. I am a conservative and was posting comments when it happened to me. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but makes me wonder if this is a MSN censorship trick. It only effects the comments on MSN? But not one Radical leftist has said this is happening to them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T04:10:27+00:00

    then why is this page here at all if we need to go somewhere else to report an issue with a Microsoft browser? Waste of time even posting...I don't need Edge browser, as there are plenty of others: that work!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T14:56:51+00:00

    It is still a problem. Furthermore, it is rampant. If you check most of the comments, if not all the comments, you will see a lot of capital M in place of small m

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T14:48:55+00:00

    On one of the updates. I now notice it is happening to a lot of people. BUT it is only when you go to a video on microsoft edge and post a comment. I notice, and hopefully the Microsoft techs will notice, that it is occurring to a lot of people posting comments, NOT JUST ME.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments