unable to copy and paste copilot microsoft

Anonymous
2024-12-15T16:36:11+00:00

unable to copy and paste copilot Microsoft

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Drew - 810 Reputation points
2025-01-13T20:10:57+00:00

I have read through this thread. First of all, the Copilot app used should be Version 1.24112.133.0This is from MS Store and arrived/was released on 10 Jan. 2025.

If text is copied it will paste into the Copilot text messaging 'box' via Ctrl+V, not via Rt Clk.

One cannot C/P images. Those must use the Upload ImageThe above is in regard to (free) Copilot, not Copilot Pro. I cannot comment on Copilot Pro or differences it may have.

I cannot repro any inability to C/P text into the Copilot app.

Cheers,
Drew

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/5956d74f-91f9-4ddd-aa3d-a20149877f6e?platform=QnA

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2025-02-12T21:08:23+00:00

    Please, so I have the right understanding & say 🤞 the right thing(s)...

    Are you referring to behaviour using the MS Store Copilot app or Copilot web page? The web approach HAS Rt Clk menu and more. The Store app does not have it/do it, Rt Clk > none, shows nothing.

    Tip: Convert the web site to an app and there you go. You're better off than with the other app, that's stripped down, in a sense.

    Using the web-based Copilot has Upload files, too.

    Cheers,Drew![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/14736f89-83d0-41e2-bdb1-5f46e91d1b27?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-12T19:09:03+00:00

    Hi Drew,

    That is correct. I can't do it via Rt Clk menu, either. I believe Copilot thinks that anything I copy (no matter what method I use) is an image. It thinks I'm trying to upload an image. All I see is nothing, and Copilot sees nothing. It doesn't recognize that I've pasted anything. Keep in mind, I have been using copy-and-paste from MS Word to Copilot for months without a problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Drew - 810 Reputation points
    2025-02-10T19:13:05+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T18:59:47+00:00

    Hi, thanks for the information. However, I don't want to upload files. I just want to copy and paste from MS Word into Copilot as I have been doing for months until it stopped working recently. It stopped working once a long time ago and cleared itself out. Again, using the paperclip is great if you want to upload files. To reiterate, I need to copy and paste from MS Word into Copilot as I was always doing. Right now, GT is one way in which I can do that. I can also copy and paste from Stickies. But thank you anyway.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments