Why is Microsoft Edge not responding, won't open?

Anonymous
2024-02-10T18:51:36+00:00

Xbox One, Microsoft Edge won't open. Was working yesterday, now it doesn't.

Microsoft support is of no help, if they don't disconnect your call then, they want you to do everything you already have done before even contacting them: I already did a soft reboot, hard reboot, clear local games, check updates (cant update Microsoft Edge), keep apps/games updated, etc...

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-11-19T04:29:28+00:00

Okay, I've had the same issue as everyone else, have done everything including totally erasing every hint of edge from my system including the registry, and a hundred other things. WHY does this work? Because it worked!

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-09T20:36:43+00:00

    It still did not work. What else can I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T02:41:05+00:00

    It's worked for me!

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-21T20:18:21+00:00

    I did a factory reset and I did all the steps to sign in and nothing will open.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-03T13:30:57+00:00

    Hi,

    Have you tried putting .old in the "User Data" folder. As soon as you open Edge, the system itself will recreate a new folder.

    path: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\

    folder: User Data.old

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments