Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I don't really appreciate random unidentified things like this that just turn up, especially on a work laptop.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Try this:
Edge > Settings > Search for "Briefcase" > Customize appearance > Show briefcase icon on work profiles | Are you satisfied with seeing the briefcase icon on work profiles?
Hello Jamie,
I am Jaspreet Singh.
The icon change is for "edge for business" mode of the brower which was announced to be coming in an update later a couple of months back
https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-announces...
A few more functionalities have been added in this month : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/mi...
Disclaimer: this is a non Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (potentially unwanted products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it
That little briefcase badge on the icon is ugly and annoying. I already got rid of the same thing on my search bar last year by getting rid of search highlights. I'm about to switch back to Chrome because it's so gross. How do we get rid of it here? It must go!
THANK YOU!!!
Try this:
Edge > Settings > Search for "Briefcase" > Customize appearance > Show briefcase icon on work profiles | Are you satisfied with seeing the briefcase icon on work profiles?
Thanks! I've turned it off and sent feedback. I keep Outlook and Edge pinned next to each other, and having two tan/brown squares with completely different meanings on those icons is just distracting. I'm on my work computer: why do I want a cosmetic flag that looks like an email notification?