why are some bing search results suddenly redirecting me to other pages?

Anonymous
2022-06-07T00:41:17+00:00

this just started happening in the last three days. I don't know what specifically i am redirected to. It might be ads. i will click on real results, but the links that open in place, have nothing to do with what i click on. i have to click back, then the link again. They don't even appear in my history.

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-10T04:45:52+00:00

    what is your opinion about that? it seems like it might require routers and changing a lot more than enabling on my system. it seems to have drawbacks and vulnerabilities. I could enable it to test it, but I am not sure it will work. I wonder if there are any articles like perhaps on realtek adapters being disabled. The person who created the script in the links we posted said Microsoft treated the problems connecting in safe mode as a fad. it is noted that it simply did not automatically connect, yet people were able to connect, so it just prompts windows to connect automatically. Somebody noted that they still did not get any connections. Tempted to possibly temporarily enable the IPv6 thing. I am aware that most IP addresses are not as long.

    Then the windows in-place upgrade and make a disc image. I don't know if it can cause complications and there is some underlying issue or something like that since other people have had this same situation, and something seems to disable certain adapters. IPv6 suggests in some links to use VPN, but VPN also doesn't work on my adapter. It disconnects me from the internet as well. I am wondering if I should also ask Microsoft again and mention the adapter gets disabled. They might mention the windows reinstallation again.

    I never had so many complicated issues with old versions of Windows. There were blue screens. There were memory issues, and hard drive failures. Blue screens probably. Basically if there were some kind of viruses or malware, they seemed sometimes easier to solve. safe mode and with networking were not impossible to access. Some issues were not easy, but Windows 10 seems more complicated with hardware conflicts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-09T23:43:08+00:00

    Here are some good articles explaiting IPv6:

    https://cybernews.com/what-is-vpn/ipv4-vs-ipv6/

    https://www.edpnet.be/en/support/installation-a...

    https://www.atlantic.net/vps-hosting/what-you-s...

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

    ______________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-09T18:51:48+00:00

    updating BIOS didn't work. I would like to know if you have any idea what enabling IPV6 might do? it says it might have something to do with peer to peer and mobile apps. I can see that my adapter is disabled, and it doesn't want to let me enable it.

    Enable or Disable IPv6 in Windows | Tutorials (tenforums.com) this seems like it could be when connecting to a router, yet i know there is wifi in this issue too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-09T05:55:54+00:00

    Read the Read Me file and follow it carefully, guarding against any chance of losing power or being interrupted when doing the BIOS update. For an issue like this the BIOS Update would be important but I'd only do it if you get clear directions along with the download. If in doubt ask in the motherboard or PC's forums or their Support. Usually if you read through all the Support pages for your model PC or motherboard there will be a section on BIOS Updates. Otherwise ask Google how to do one for your exact model.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-09T05:43:03+00:00

    safe mode may be something that was an issue upon setup of this system. As I said, I have not ever used it until basically I posted this thread. It may have occurred after an update, the upgrade, or when I setup the very first profile this year. I really don't know.

    Regardless, if this doesn't work, it should be that Microsoft (if this doesn't work) would be willing to help me. They know it is a known issue by their response to me. They told me themselves to basically do the installation of windows again. But I suspect it is the in-place upgrade by the information that you gave.

    I wouldn't be able to use the google drive necessarily. It is possible that I would, but I would have to examine if all of what I have in the users folders, etc has anything that doesn't need backed up. If the macrium reflect disc image would cover it, it might help. it is clear that safe mode with networking needs repaired just to be able to access it. Yet I suspect that the issue is some kind of setting that may not be in all of those articles. It may not be all about an in-place upgrade. If re-installing windows works, some files might also re-install.

    I saw on the HP update website, that there were two BIOS updates. One was from January, and one from March with firmware. yet I also see that HP Assistant does not tell me to download BIOS, but it did not too long ago. Now it only says bluetooth.

    The website just gives BIOS and firmware in an optional update, and it tells me to download a readme prior to doing so. The other system I had an issue with BIOS, but I think it was not anything to do with the network. It was an issue with the touchpad. I did read that the adapters similar to mine have some issues in safe mode with networking. That particular number (802.11).

    There is some info that that won't work. i found a lot of people saying here that automatically "wifi" won't work as if it is default in windows 10.

    another script: Automatically connect to a Wi-Fi network when in Safe Mode with Networking (microsoft.com)

    that one you mentioned might work, i just don't know if i have everything installed, and it said something about autologon or something. I know hard drives can fail, but hopefully not from just reinstalling. It wasn't WAN service that I checked probably but WLAN. I don't know for sure. But it was whatever was mentioned in some article. So it is like the network service was running, yet the internet option was disabled, and that is why it was disabled. An option to enable it was available, but it would not let me enable it. Do you think there is something else besides needing to install windows again? msconfig showed some service an article said to start, but that had the context menu said "enable." so this means something was blocking that option. It also showed my realtek adapter was not showing an error. I believe probably the other system had some other adapter, but I am not sure. it may have been similar. If it isn't just the OS, but something installed in the OS, some setting within it might be able to be changed. Yet it could be "upgraded," but it might then download other files and change again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments