Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.
* Moved from MSN
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.
First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window
Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"
In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.
Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"
Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"
Here, you can remove all "features" and content
Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)
Hope this helps everyone!
Ony solution looks like being install of other web browser
Posters in this thread have referred to the Start page, the Home page and the New Tab page. On which of these pages are you seeing MSN?
Don
Hi Don, good question, but I think the point is there should be ONE setting to turn off all Microsoft and MSN pages from loading automatically, not three or four settings in three or four different areas, buried in sub-menus. people don't think of a start page, home page, or New Tab page as being different.
Oh my Gosh, it worked! I got rid of that awful Leftist MSN Propaganda Page! I've been trying unsuccessfully to do that since I got my new Laptop. Thank you so much!!
I have done that. My home page is set for the page I want but windows 10 edge does not open to that page. It opens to MSN and then I can click the home button to go to the page it is set to open too. Maybe about 1 in a 100 times it will open to the set home page but opens 99 times to MSN.
Hello,
Thank you for being patient with me
The problem is still not solved
In Edge > Settings > on startup, the options are
* Open a new tab
* Continue where you left off
* Open a specific page or pages.
If you've chosen this, what webpages are opening?
Which of those have you selected?