will new edge browser run on Windows RT 8.1 ?

Anonymous
2020-05-01T09:30:45+00:00

Hello all

Does anyone know if  Microsoft will port  new edge browser to Windows RT 8.1   ARM devices too?  I triedEdge Browser Windows 8.1 version but it  didnt run on my Windws RT laptop.

Regards

Mehmet

Microsoft Edge | Other | Previous Windows versions

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-06T22:51:40+00:00

    I'd happily paid for updates , please can something be done soon. !

    Same here I would pay for updates or MS could do something about it there is alot of tablets yhat need a new browser and updates

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-05T14:33:30+00:00

    Yes. hopefully Microsoft is looking at this post and is not forgotten.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-05T14:24:10+00:00

    that is a great idea. how can we ask Microsoft to do so since it a proprietary device ? if so let us ask the community or anyone that have a RT device to joint force in solving this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-05T13:33:25+00:00

    well thanks for the response, that is sad. Now a surface RT that can thrown away to collectibles instead of put to good use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-27T16:01:13+00:00

    I am still a Surface RT tablet user. The platform for IE Browser is no longer supported. I have tried to download private Browser Sidekick and there was a problem during download on Microsoft end of the download site. I know the device needs update. In order to continue using this device I need a supported acceptable browser.

    Does anyone knows a supported browser for this device?

    thanks for your support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments