will new edge browser run on Windows RT 8.1 ?

Anonymous
2020-05-01T09:30:45+00:00

Hello all

Does anyone know if  Microsoft will port  new edge browser to Windows RT 8.1   ARM devices too?  I triedEdge Browser Windows 8.1 version but it  didnt run on my Windws RT laptop.

Regards

Mehmet

Microsoft Edge | Other | Previous Windows versions

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-26T11:27:15+00:00

    The surface RT I use is a fine tool, but shame on you Microsoft! It can't be that difficult to put the link to Microsoft Edge in the Store.

    Come on! Help us out!

    I payed good money fot this device when it came out.  So, I deserve good service!!!

    Get it done!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-15T20:14:50+00:00

    Hi MehmetBaserdem,

    The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) is NOT compatible for Windows RT 8.1 because it is installed independently by downloading it from a web browser (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge) and not from the Microsoft Store App.

    As soon as an RT version becomes available to download from the Microsoft Store App, that is the only time you can download it to an RT 8.1 device but as of now, there is no news about that.

    Sincerely,

    Lee

    Hello, as I actually have a Microsoft Surface RT 8.1, can Microsoft inform when the Microsoft Edge App needed will be available for install on the hardware/software  Microsoft product. Many sites are no longer supporting Explorer, so it is absolutely needed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-01T09:40:57+00:00

    Hi MehmetBaserdem,

    The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) is NOT compatible for Windows RT 8.1 because it is installed independently by downloading it from a web browser (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge) and not from the Microsoft Store App.

    As soon as an RT version becomes available to download from the Microsoft Store App, that is the only time you can download it to an RT 8.1 device but as of now, there is no news about that.

    Sincerely,

    Lee

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-09T19:32:54+00:00

    I, too, need a new browser for my Win 8.1 RT. PLEASE give RT users a new browser.

    Yes... please please please. Give the Win 8.1 RT Community a current, decent browser.

    Otherwise, this peace of hardware is nothing more than a board for cutting butter or bread. Or unveal a solution for breaking out of the ms universe by opening the boot loader for eg. linux so the 500+ EUR are not simply thrown away.

    I never ever bought a piece of hardware I am so disappointed about. And whenever someone asks me whether he should buy hardware from microsoft... i would always ever say "no, please don't do it!". Hardware market is not in focus of microsoft, it is allways more a market analysis, looking after silly people and forget about them after several months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-08T22:19:38+00:00

    I love my Microsoft Surface RT with Windows 8.1. But as others have written, I can no longer access various websites with Windows Explorer. Gmail loads very slowly or not at all. We need a new browser or at least and updated browser!

    Thanks and please let us know when something is available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments