Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello all
Does anyone know if Microsoft will port new edge browser to Windows RT 8.1 ARM devices too? I triedEdge Browser Windows 8.1 version but it didnt run on my Windws RT laptop.
Regards
Mehmet
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The surface RT I use is a fine tool, but shame on you Microsoft! It can't be that difficult to put the link to Microsoft Edge in the Store.
Come on! Help us out!
I payed good money fot this device when it came out. So, I deserve good service!!!
Get it done!!
Hi MehmetBaserdem,
The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) is NOT compatible for Windows RT 8.1 because it is installed independently by downloading it from a web browser (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge) and not from the Microsoft Store App.
As soon as an RT version becomes available to download from the Microsoft Store App, that is the only time you can download it to an RT 8.1 device but as of now, there is no news about that.
Sincerely,
Lee
Hello, as I actually have a Microsoft Surface RT 8.1, can Microsoft inform when the Microsoft Edge App needed will be available for install on the hardware/software Microsoft product. Many sites are no longer supporting Explorer, so it is absolutely needed!
Hi MehmetBaserdem,
The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) is NOT compatible for Windows RT 8.1 because it is installed independently by downloading it from a web browser (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge) and not from the Microsoft Store App.
As soon as an RT version becomes available to download from the Microsoft Store App, that is the only time you can download it to an RT 8.1 device but as of now, there is no news about that.
Sincerely,
Lee
I, too, need a new browser for my Win 8.1 RT. PLEASE give RT users a new browser.
Yes... please please please. Give the Win 8.1 RT Community a current, decent browser.
Otherwise, this peace of hardware is nothing more than a board for cutting butter or bread. Or unveal a solution for breaking out of the ms universe by opening the boot loader for eg. linux so the 500+ EUR are not simply thrown away.
I never ever bought a piece of hardware I am so disappointed about. And whenever someone asks me whether he should buy hardware from microsoft... i would always ever say "no, please don't do it!". Hardware market is not in focus of microsoft, it is allways more a market analysis, looking after silly people and forget about them after several months.
I love my Microsoft Surface RT with Windows 8.1. But as others have written, I can no longer access various websites with Windows Explorer. Gmail loads very slowly or not at all. We need a new browser or at least and updated browser!
Thanks and please let us know when something is available.