Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have just updated to the new Edge (Chrome Look-alike).
When using the "old" Edge, it would automatically open when I clicked on a URL. All was fine.
With the "New" Edge, when you click on a link it sits in the task bar flashing at you. You then have to click on the flashing icon to open up Edge.
I find this very annoying and would like to know if there is a way to remedy this so that it automatically opens again.
If this is how the "New" Edge is supposed to operate, then I think it is a backward step and not progressive.
Pedro
* Original title: Microsoft Edge
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Me too . I wonder the same. I am using Edge now but hope this gets worked out. I really do not know what to do except wait and feedback.
Are you using Windows mail app like me?
If so maybe that is the problem.
Thanks for trying to contribute to solve this item. Wondering if this is a isolated problem or maybe most of the people have not realized just yet. In any case, we are out of answers, for me I went back to old Edge.
Thank you for confirming my feelings
Thanks for responding, but Edge is my default browser. Like the others above, I uninstalled it. I did reinstall it to see if that would fix the problem-it didn't, so I have uninstalled it, again. I have wasted enough time on this. I will use the old browser or Chrome.
Oddly enough when Chrome is the default this same thing occurs but when Edge is default it opens the link directly. It may have to do with the default in your case. not mine.
Try going to default apps and making new Edge the default.