Microsoft edge running very slow

Anonymous
2020-07-22T17:08:52+00:00

Hi 

My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page. 

It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’. 

i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either. 

Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!

Microsoft Edge | Speed and responsiveness | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-04-15T15:43:09+00:00

    I had the same issue and tested the fixes listed here.

    What worked for me was going to Task Manager and closing all Edge tasks.

    I did the same thing with Chrome and now they're working great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-11T23:58:59+00:00

    I have been battling this since last summer and I just figured out the fix for me. Disabling vertical tabs and now Edge runs normally. Edge would be unusable with vertical tabs enabled even with just one tab open. wth

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-18T10:58:24+00:00

    I have solved my problem by uninstaling malwarebytes browser guard and now all is back to normal. I have notified MB of my problem and they are now investigating. How this is of some assistance to you all?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-23T19:15:46+00:00

    I can't find the DNS option. I go into settings, Privacy,

    This is an Edge option, not Windows. In Edge, click ⋯ (Settings and more) > Settings > Privacy, search and services and scroll down to the Security section*.* The option is called Use secure DNS to specify how to lookup the network address for websites.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-06T18:55:53+00:00

    I have turned off sync, off on secure dns and neither of those options seems to speed up Edge on Win11. I am using MS Edge Version 93.0.961.38 (Official build) (64-bit). Pages load after ~~2 mins. I have seen messages in the bottom left of the browser stating "establishing a secure connection..." where does this come from if I have turned OFF Secure DNS?

    Need help -- this is affecting my business....

    -JohnM

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments