Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I am watching videos on YouTube or Rumble my computer will shut down and I have to reboot and resume and many times the computer will shut down again. Why!
I am using Windows 7 with Edge.
Thanks!
CarrmasDad2
Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Eric
I did watch a video that was 1.18 hours long, it is the one that has caused my many instant shut downs in the past. No problems! Right after watching the video, I did a speed test and had 6.2mbps and had an instant shut down. My ISP speed should be 9. += 10%. After the holiday I will call the ISP again, this yoyo nonsense is not GOOD!
I think that I am having better success watching videos since upping my DL speed, from 6. to 9.DL.
Please keep the thread open!
Many Thanks!
CarrmasDad2
The temp looks like it's in a normal range. Still no instant power off since your last reply?
Eric
I sure appreciate you!!
In the past I have used SPECCY so I checked my CPU and got the following
I then clicked on a video and listened to it, and watched what was happening on SPECCY, the Bus Speed and Rated Bus Speed did flicker a few times @ the start then stopped. I had no instant shut downs Do you want me to check other things? What do you suggest using for checking? Checked my DL speed it is 10.12mbps, and my UL speed is 1.00mbps, I think my ISP is working on my service now.
Thanks
CarrmasDad2
There are software that you can use to check the temperature of different components of the computer.
Windows 7 is no longer receiving updates, but it shouldn't cause the computer to power off like that.
Eric
Hi Eric,
My ISP did some work to increase my DL/UL speeds, they are coming back this Wed. Because I am going up and down like a YOYO (spelling)
I did attempt to watch a 1 hour + video and I got 1 hour done and had the instant shut down. I did the speed test and I was 4.4 download speed. Earlier in the day right after the service man left I was 6.9 mbps.
How can I check if the computer is overheating?
I am still using Windows 7, could that have any bearing on the problem?
Thanks!
CarrmasDad2