Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I am watching videos on YouTube or Rumble my computer will shut down and I have to reboot and resume and many times the computer will shut down again. Why!
I am using Windows 7 with Edge.
Thanks!
CarrmasDad2
Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Jerico,
Thanks for all of you help!
Intermittent problems are very difficult to resolve!!!
I really do appreciate you!
Best Regards!!
CarrmasDad2
PS: I did have an update from Microsoft, that was installed last night!!!
I really do appreciate the excellent assistance!
Hi CARRMAS -
Thanks for the update. I see, it's a weird problem on your end, I apologize but it seems that I ran out of ideas, maybe someone has a better resolve.
Regards,
Jerico T.
Hi Jerico,
Re: method 3
If I am correct, it looks like I have only one driver to select.
Re: shut downs
When I pause a video for an extended time, it does not shut down on all of them, just some of them. Weird for sure!!!!
Thanks!
CarrmasDad2
Hi Ben,
I have been having this problem for a couple of weeks, I have never used the other browsers.
My previous reply to Jerico, mentioned examples.
I can leave my computer on for hours, and it will not shut down. But if I pause a video and leave it, it will shut down!
I still have the issue!
Thanks for both of you!
CarrmasDad2
Hi CARRMAS -
Thanks for the update. Does the issue still persist?
Regards,
Jerico T.