enable warning before closing multiple tabs

Anonymous
2020-01-21T21:33:09+00:00

When I close the new Edge, there's no warning if I have multiple tabs open.  Has anyone else found a way to enable that?  I get a warning in IE, and there was a warning in the previous Edge.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-01T19:23:44+00:00

    Hello there.

    Use this edge://flags/#edge-ask-before-closing-multiple-tabs

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-27T04:21:01+00:00

    It’s helpful, but still doesnt replace a warning when closing multiple tabs. If you’re in the middle of filling out a form, a warning will help, but re-opening the site will not.  MSFT needs to bring back this simple feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-08T14:38:34+00:00

    Wow! Thanks 2EPIC, you are absolutely right! I followed your instructions and found it! My edge life will be much better now!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-07T14:26:59+00:00

    Hello there.

    Yes flags is an experimental area. But enabling the warning for tabs is not causing any problems, and if it happens you just undo the configuration :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-20T21:26:48+00:00

    It’s helpful, but still doesn't replace a warning when closing multiple tabs. If you’re in the middle of filling out a form, a warning will help, but re-opening the site will not.  MSFT needs to bring back this simple feature.

    Subsequent to my 3 previous posts, I finally found a solution which reopens all previous Tabs including dynamic Web pages and unfinished Forms. I opened a couple of Tabs from Google Search, opened 2 Bank Accounts and did transactions in each and opened USA Form 8840 (it`s a PDF) and started filling it out. I then closed Edgemium. BTW, Form 8840 did give me a warning message but I said close anyway. I reopened Edgemium and Voilà...everything was there as it was previously...Banks Accounts still logged in and the Form ready to be continued. How you set this up is very simple.

    Got to Edgemium Settings, click on On startup and click on Continue where you left off. That`s it. Hope this makes your life happier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments