Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Every time I boot up or restart my computer, Microsoft Edge automatically opens up. This has been happening ever since the new update for Microsoft Edge. How do I get it to stop?
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I followed this, and when I got to "Restart apps," it was already off, so Edge continues to launch at startup. This is getting really frustrating.
For those still looking for a permanent solution to this issue. Try the registry edit about halfway down on this page. Stop Edge from Loading at Start
Take back OWNERSHIP of your OS, and let me know when the class action suit starts so I can send in my +1. There's a reason it a "personal computer", personalize as you see fit, don't allow Microsoft to dictate what your allowed to see and use.
Maybe you don't realize you don't own the OS, just a license allowing you to use it.
Cheers,
Drew
Thank you for this solution. Think I'm on board with the lawsuit suggested earlier. Stay out of my PC Microsoft. !
MS has no excuse for this obnoxious behavior.
The solution is SIMPLE and effective!
Keep MS Bing/Edge open as a minimized box out of the way.
The Maximize/Restore Down toggle, can be kept in Restore Down and the corners carried to the minimum size - about 1" x 4". This amounts surrendering of a portion of the screen in exchange for not having to see ANY Bing/Edge noise pumped onto the page and not having to take the time or thought to close it. I don't even see it anymore, out of sight, out of mind, just a white rectangle in the corner.
Let me know if this helps you. Cheers!