Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I have recently Reset my pc and I have noticed that my downloads instead of showing at the bottom of the screen (where it shows the name of recent downloads and 3 dots next to each download to cancel the download or open the file location, etc) pop up at the top near my extensions and I would like to make it so that they show at the bottom of the screen
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Does Microsoft ever consider the wishes of their clients?
I tend to question that for a lot of companies out there to be honest.
My name is Ru. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.
Open Microsoft Edge browser > Click on 3 dots at the top right corner > Click "Settings"
On the left-hand navigation click on the "About Microsoft Edge" to make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft Edge. Let me know the version number so that we can troubleshoot further
In my 30+ years of dealing with them, the answer is clearly "no." They never respond to requests outside of their huge customers and never fix, or even acknowledge, issues reported on forums like this.
They just don't care.
Hi, I have recently Reset my pc and I have noticed that my downloads instead of showing at the bottom of the screen (where it shows the name of recent downloads and 3 dots next to each download to cancel the download or open the file location, etc) pop up at the top near my extensions and I would like to make it so that they show at the bottom of the screen
you cant remove it from the top right, this is miss from Microsoft I am going back to chrome browser ASAP
Hi, I have recently Reset my pc and I have noticed that my downloads instead of showing at the bottom of the screen (where it shows the name of recent downloads and 3 dots next to each download to cancel the download or open the file location, etc) pop up at the top near my extensions and I would like to make it so that they show at the bottom of the screen
you cant remove it from the top right, this is miss from Microsoft I am going back to chrome browser ASAP
As usual and as we have found reporting feedback about blatantly stupid changes made to an app for no logical reason our feedback is ignored about such idiotic changes and nothing is ever corrected. The reasoning to move the list of downloads as a invasive dropdown list to the top was a huge mistake a ridiculous misstep that should have given users an option where and how this list would be placed on the screen. It used to be placed just above the horizontal taskbar where it did not impede other function or cover working area on the screen as it now does be a dropdown place at the upper regions on the screen. You have to ask yourself what idiot developer in a cubical felt this was a logical move? Now we need this corrected and not waiting months on end for a needed hopeful correction if it even happens at all. This is what happens when you lose control over your OS with developers who are clueless.