Internet Explorer mode gone?

Anonymous
2020-06-01T11:42:41+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community,

For the past 2 months I had been using and testing IE Mode integration within the chromium version of the Edge Browser.

I had the "Enable IE integration" enabled in edge://flags and had been running Edge in admin with the command line "--ie-mode-test"

This was working on Friday 29th May but this morning 1st June the option in "More tools > Open in Internet Explorer Mode" is no longer present.

Any ideas or has IE integration moved exclusively to Local Group Policy ?

Welcome to any suggestions,

Thanks for you time,

Omega.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-03T15:25:28+00:00

     I,m using Edge version 85.0.564.70

    To open web pages with internet explorer follow these steps.

    On the Edge browser web page at top right corner click on dots icon.

    Slide down to SETTINGS.

    Left side of page click on DEFAULT BROWSER.

    Set ALWAYS and slide to ON position

    Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge           ALWAYS 

    Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode       Slide to ON

    YOU MUST CLOSE THE EDGE BROWSER WINDOW AND OPEN AGAIN.

    Make sure you close the setting page .

    Open a web page you want to view with explorer.

    On the Edge browser web page at top right corner click on dots icon.

    Slide down to MORE TOOLS to open sub menu.

    Click on RELOAD IN INTERNET EXPLORER.

    This should work for you. Blessed day.

    I think people are seeing this:

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-25T16:07:24+00:00

    That feature is still there. Go to Edge Settings, Default Browser. That feature is there.

    I hope this helps, and if you need any further assistance, please post, and we will be glad to assist you.

    When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." John Muir

    This has nothing to do with setting the Default Browser.

    The issue is that the Flag to Enable IE Integration in Chromium Edge is no longer there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-12T23:13:36+00:00

    What version of Edge are you using?  I'm currently using Version 86.0.622.38, and it looks like the option to open IE sites in Edge is no longer available. Is there anything I need to do to make this option available?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-05T14:28:12+00:00

    I see the same thing as Jeff posted above.

    I also don't see anything to Enable IE Integration when I enter edge://flags/#edge-internet-explorer-integration in the browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-10T23:49:54+00:00

    The flags are set differently on Edge 88 and above, edit your edge shortcut target to this (or run via command line)

    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --flag-switches-begin --internet-explorer-integration=iemode --ie-mode-test --enable-features=msInternetExplorerIntegrationEnhancedHangResistance --flag-switches-end

    You'll get a prompt about having an "unsupported command-line flag: --ie-mode-test..." but the open in ie option is there again in more tools as of Edge 88.0.705.63

    You can additionally use local gpo or regedit to create a sitelist for websites you want to open in IE mode (using IE5-11) in case a site only works on versions older than IE11

    Hello Microsoft Community,

    For the past 2 months I had been using and testing IE Mode integration within the chromium version of the Edge Browser.

    I had the "Enable IE integration" enabled in edge://flags and had been running Edge in admin with the command line "--ie-mode-test"
    This was working on Friday 29th May but this morning 1st June the option in "More tools > Open in Internet Explorer Mode" is no longer present.

    Any ideas or has IE integration moved exclusively to Local Group Policy ?

    Welcome to any suggestions,

    Thanks for you time,

    Omega.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments