Managing bookmarks, browsing history, and downloads in Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I do not use Microsoft Edge. After this mornings snafu with Defender I decided to open Edge to make sure that it was up to date. No it wasn't. So after updating Edge and restarting it, without my permission Microsoft decided to import all my bookmarks and favorites from Chrome?. What is going on at Microsoft?
when you install windows it's the default browser. Then when you go to download Chrome they give you all this **** about how great Edge is. Then unlike before you have to change every default permissions manually to Chrome.
Now they go and Import all my stuff from Chrome WITHOUT ASKING? Then after importing everything you have to go to settings to tell EDGE not to do that....Couldn't this behavior trigger a lawsuit or something like it did in Europe? Ha Ha Behavior...wasn't that their big SNAFU this morning?
ranting and raving done...
have a great day
Managing bookmarks, browsing history, and downloads in Edge on Windows 11
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
This feature can be deactivated in the settings menu. To do this click on the ellipsis(...) top right > Settings > Profiles > Import browser data > Import browser data from Google Chrome on each launch > Turn off.
Same thing also happend to me today, without asking, I just got popups about new extensions installed in Edge and I found that also bookmarks got imported.
What a shame for such a big company browser to do such malicious things.
Edge steals browser extensions too without permission.
Yea I found this very irritating. I use bing for certain things and do not want my chrome favorites in there. I have my own bookmarks I want to use in bing. NOT chromes bookmarks. I deleted them and now they are back. ****
I also had this problem. I was starting to get used to Edge, but this ****-up is insane. Who's the dev that thinks enabling Chrome sync by default is a good feature? They should fire the whole team. This needs a class-action lawsuit.
How do I revert to all the settings before MS Edge copied all data - Microsoft Community