How to block news channels, or domains, on Microsoft Edge news feeds

Anonymous
2021-04-21T18:02:21+00:00

I keep getting content that I do not want. 

Ie: I do not want anything from Newsweek, Washington Examiner, Fox News or other tabloid 'news' sites.

How do I block them?

I need to either block these bad sites or uninstall Edge. 

Multiple threads on the same subject merged 

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-21T18:07:15+00:00

    I've been going all over Microsoft Edge to block certain domains from my news feeds. 

    Customize only allows me to select what type of news.

    I would like an option added to Microsoft Edge to be able to DESELECT types of news.

    I do NOT want to see, hear, or read anything about Donald Trump, Proud Boys, Washington Examiner, Newsweek, Newsmax, Fox News, or ANY OTHER false news outlet !

    Please get the functionality working in BLOCKING SITES !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T16:28:35+00:00

    Generally I have liked the Microsoft News app. But, now Microsoft News has removed the ellipsis ( ... ) beside the sources also, leaving no method for blocking a publisher. Because of their greed for the revenue they receive from these "News" sources, we are exposed to propaganda articles if we want to use their news app. So, like it or not I will be using a different News source that has more respect for their users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    90+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T22:29:43+00:00

    Hi Ben,

    Why isn't there an option to select the sources people are actually interested in, rather than being forced to unsubscribe from so many "news" sources?

    Or better yet, remove the news completely without removing the O365 feed.

    • Rob

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T14:05:43+00:00

    I want to block certain news domains ie: foxnews.com, newsweek.com, fox.com, newsmax.com, etc

    How do I do that?

    I do not want their entertainment showing on my news feeds.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments