Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Why does Gmail account detects Microsoft Edge browser as Google Chrome browser when I dont have google chrome installed, and I mean it does cuz my current session under google account security > your devices says > This device, mean its my computer. Can someone please confirm this error(?) because i've been paranoid since my account from different platform was hacked just recently, i need clarification, please help me!
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I've posted there and waiting for response.
Did you ask at Chrome forums to see if it's a known issue there?
Ok, now i've done everything i could to try and fix this problem.
I've gone to my phone, turned off the enhanced safe browsing by gmail and then logged out every session i had except on my phone.
Then gone to my PC, cleared the browser's data and gone to apps, to reinstall the Edge browser.
Logged back in on my pc using Edge browser but it still reflects as Chrome.
It sounds good. Just stay alert and read everything so you know all the hacker tricks.
Keep me posted on your progress as I will be here to help until the case is resolved.
Back tomorrow noon Calif time.
Oh god, but 2 verification log in process cant be bypassed right?
I've also run full scan and custom scan on every drive in my pc and windows defender found nothing, I've also checked applications installed on my pc, and i dont see anything suspicious apps installed. also did check the startup applications and there's no suspicious apps i've found.