Low volume output on windows 11 21H2 when compared to windows 10 21H1

Anonymous
2021-07-18T11:23:06+00:00

I have an issue where the volume for my pc is very low, for system and third party applications. I have ensured all volume settings are on max

The volume is appx 50% compared to normal, any advice?

Thank you

:)

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-25T22:41:07+00:00

    I have an issue where the volume for my pc is very low, for system and third party applications. I have ensured all volume settings are on max

    The volume is appx 50% compared to normal, any advice?

    Thank you

    :)

    Exactly the same problem here, no matter weather im using the nvidia hdmi audio output, the realtec audio out, or monitor headphone jack or my bluetooth speaker the volume is nowhere near as loud as it should be. I only noticed when instead of playing spotify on my pc to my bluetooth megablast speaker, I started playing spotify from my phone to my speaker and the volume playing from my phone makes my pc seem like its been capped at 50%. i have tried driver updates and all the advanced audio loudness sections and even 3rd party audio software to increase the gain but it does nothing. The volume bar in sound settings shows 100% but you can see the sound level is maxing out around 50%.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-17T21:49:38+00:00

    Go to your computer's Registry Editor, Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then click ControlSet001, then click Control, then click Bluetooth, then click Audio, Click AVCRP, and finally click CT. Change "DisableAbsoluteVolume" value to 1. Restart your computer

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-07-22T13:51:02+00:00

    Uninstall old audio drivers completely from programs & features and then restart windows os.

    1. Download the latest audio driver for your PC motherboard model and install it. Your Motherboard manufacturer may released a customized driver.
    2. After installation completes, restart windows os, and then login into windows, go to the audio manager, adjust the volume.
    3. Also go to the control panel, then click on sound, click on the communications tab, check on do nothing.
    4. Also, increase volume button on media player.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-05T15:16:19+00:00

    Nah, I've done that and pretty much everything every one had suggested

    I'm expert on PC and this issue seem to be once upgrading the pc instead of clean install

    I un-installed all drivers, nothing, NADA, the issue also appears to be more prominent on Bluetooth devices

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-11T14:01:40+00:00

    Okay I think I figured out one way to fix this.

    So basically I use Beats Studio 3, and I had the same problem. To fix the problem I turned up the volume from the headphones themselves.

    Image

    I noticed that the volume on my laptop wasn't going up, but the volume was generally going up. Then I did volume up on my laptop and the volume got even louder. So my advice is just try doing volume up from your device itself. See if it works.

    I had the same problem with Creative AE-9 and minimizing and maximizing the volume a couple of times on the external DAC seems to have fixed it. It's some kind of sync issue between where W11 thinks the volume of the device is, and where it actually is. Leads to to the Win11 volume slider being at 100%, while your output device is nowhere near full output volume.

    I'm assuming this is not an issue for devices that have their own, seperate volume control and don't link their playback volume to the source device output volume, like the AE-9 does. This is why I couldn't replicate the issue when using the digital output to my amp.

    Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments