I still can't get my Bluetooth working

Anonymous
2021-04-21T18:28:43+00:00

Please don't send me to the Community page. After uninstalling and reinstalling the radio, the computer now shows I have no Bluetooth at all. I already tried everything (Device Manager, etc.) I have Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds. I'm running a 64-bit O/S. I'm running W10 version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.928)

I bought a dongle (USB 4.0). The file manager doesn't recognize the drive. It looks like my computer isn't granting permission to the flash drive, although the port works fine with everything else. When I view the properties on the Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter, the device status indicates it's working properly.

Should I start all the Bluetooth functions that are currently on manual and put them on automatic? I uploaded the Bluetooth Audio Receiver and cannot open a connection: those options are grayed out and it's on idle.  Are there other troubleshooting options I can do to fix the problem in case this doesn't work?

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2021-04-29T07:06:56+00:00

I see the Sony WF-1000XM3 are designed for mobile devices so maybe that why you having trouble for Windows 10 Insider, Sony don't make software for them to use on Windows 10 devices.

Although they are Bluetooth I am not sure if both controller and connected device can talk to each other, just my thoughts.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2021-04-29T06:45:44+00:00

Can you remove the Broadcom device and make sure Bluetooth device that came with the motherboard is enabled in the bios, then make sure the drivers are installed ( get the drivers from the Asus's site), then check the device manager to see if it is working, if it is then try and connect your earplugs to it.

It hard to figure out if its a problem between the Bluetooth hardware and the operating system or is it a problem between the Bluetooth device and the device you are trying to connect which is the ear plugs

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-04-26T17:00:01+00:00

You appear to need some chipset drivers.  The ASUS download site is bad about hiding different drivers in the same grouping.. make sure and show all to find additional drivers.

Have you disabled the Realtek Bluetooth device?  If this is an ASUS motherboard or system, can you give us the model number?

You ear buds are Bluetooth 5.0.  Maybe the new build version does not like 4.0..  Bluetooth dongles are not very expensive, you could probably get a 5.0 or 5.1 one fairly cheap

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-26T18:30:28+00:00

    I disabled the Bluetooth device then restarted it. I tried removing the device and BCM 20702A0 disappeared. In the Device Manager, the Realtek device shows a caution icon.

    Bluetooth doesn't work without the dongle. DDR5 devices are backwards compatible.

    The device is an Insignia. It's 4.0 but compatible with Windows 10 (but not my earbuds?) I reset the earbuds and disconnected them from my DDR5 Android.

    The motherboard has a H110i chipset. Full specs [https://origin-www.asus.com/Tower-PCs/G11CD/specifications/]

    You're right about ASUS. I can't find a driver released later than 2018 [https://us.driverscollection.com/?H=G11CD&By=ASUS&SS=Windows%2010%2064-bit]

    This problem seems to be common among many users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-26T17:35:26+00:00

    If you have an ASUS Hero X (Wi-Fi), it uses Bluetooth 4.2..  You are not limited to Bluetooth 4.0, you can move up to 5.0..  On two of my systems, one being on 21H1 (.928), I am running Bluetooth 5.2, which hasn't been turned on yet, but all of my devices work normally.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments