This way is very usefuf
RS-Prerelease Build 25158 + ISO is out to Dev Channel
Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Windows AI
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-07-16T13:34:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-07-16T09:32:22+00:00 @Vienna10,
How did you create the ISO?
I downloaded the official MS Insider ISO 25158 and did not have any issues with it.
Sorry for the late reply - time difference
Used "uup-converter-wimlib-34" to make the ISO before the first reboot. Have done so without any problems for a long time.
However, perhaps the problem was forgetting to disable "Startallback" and "Windows11DragAndDropToTaskbarFix"......
-
Anonymous
2022-07-15T18:11:38+00:00 This build installed fine on my main Dev PC. However, installing it on the second Dev, using the ISO created from the first, had a problem. Only got as far as the desktop, where I was greeted with a black screen, with a partially filled taskbar flashing on and off. The only response I got was from ctr+alt+delete. Managed to change user, which appeared without any problems, Reboot had no effect.
So, eventually used "go back to previous version". This took a long time, but got me back eventually.
Will try again, using the normal WU
The second try via WU installed without any problems, as did the Hyper-V dev install
@Vienna10,
How did you create the ISO?
I downloaded the official MS Insider ISO 25158 and did not have any issues with it.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Drew - 810 Reputation points
2022-07-15T09:56:31+00:00 FWIW, I now have 158 and all's well, so far, although only initial moments @ this point. Even after a reboot, I don't have some of the 'new' items or features all Insiders may not have 😂. Update via WU went fine & the Build is working just fine, far as I can tell thus far.
Cheers,
Drew