BSOD. Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. What failed win32kfull.sys. Build 25227.1000 OOBE clean install from USB media.

Anonymous
2022-10-20T16:42:01+00:00

Has anybody seen this problem trying to do a OOBE clean install with Build 25227?

Both the MS official ISO 25227 and the one downloaded from UUP-DUMP have this new issue causing a BSOD during OOBE procedure.

Stop code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

What failed win32kfull.sys

I could repeat the same problem on a desktop and a laptop. This is a new bug with latest Build 25227.

Same procedure works fine with previous ISO 25217 or any older Dev one.

Easy to reproduce every time with Shift +F10 and regedit just trying to modify any registry.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T20:03:19+00:00

    @Johnny_55, @CrazyKats,

    Here is the link to the FBH report:

    https://aka.ms/AAifr0h

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T18:21:04+00:00

    Hi fg,

    Unable to reproduce it but I'm not clean installing from USB so that might be a factor.

    I think it only happens after you boot from the installation media.

    It is definitely a new bug added with this Build 25227. 😝

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T18:17:48+00:00

    Good afternoon fg,

    Yes, I can confirm same issue attempting to do a clean install into my test vm. I also had one vm that just would not upgrade with the Official ISO. The other vm did upgrade with the ISO. There is no way to start fresh with this useless ISO.

    Regards,

    Thanks Johnny,

    for confirming the same bug. At first, I thought I had a bad ISO from MS, but I got the same issue with the one downloaded from uup-dump

    Your snapshot is much cleaner than my fuzzy unreadable picture. 🤣😎

    I had no problem doing the upgrades with the ISO on Desktop or Laptop.

    Just got the problem solid with clean install when I wanted to use Shift + F10 and regedit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T18:03:46+00:00

    Hi fg,

    Unable to reproduce it but I'm not clean installing from USB so that might be a factor.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Johnny55 5,155 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-10-20T18:00:01+00:00

    Good afternoon fg,

    Yes, I can confirm same issue attempting to do a clean install into my test vm. I also had one vm that just would not upgrade with the Official ISO. The other vm did upgrade with the ISO. There is no way to start fresh with this useless ISO.

    Image

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments