Screen recording in Snipping Tool begins rolling out to Windows Insiders

MartMcd 2,670 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-12-08T21:18:50+00:00

Today Microsoft are beginning to roll out an update to the Snipping Tool app (version 11.2211.35.0) for Windows 11 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.

This update introduces a built-in screen recorder.

Screen recording in Snipping Tool begins rolling out to Windows Insiders | Windows Insider Blog

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-16T02:35:45+00:00

    On 12/15/2022 I just got the new snipping tool on the 2 fully compliant Desktops.

    I just got it too on 25267 clean install, looks like it's going out to everyone now.

    I was checking out the new recording capability of Snipping tool and I ended up hanging when I hit the share button. I had to kill it using Task Manager end task.

    Unable to reproduce. 🤷‍♂️

    I cannot reproduce it again either, after a reboot it looks like it cleaned up whatever was causing the problem. 🤐🤷‍♂️

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-16T02:27:05+00:00

    On 12/15/2022 I just got the new snipping tool on the 2 fully compliant Desktops.

    I just got it too on 25267 clean install, looks like it's going out to everyone now.

    I was checking out the new recording capability of Snipping tool and I ended up hanging when I hit the share button. I had to kill it using Task Manager end task.

    Unable to reproduce. 🤷‍♂️

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-16T01:28:27+00:00

    I was checking out the new recording capability of Snipping tool and I ended up hanging when I hit the share button.

    I had to kill it using Task Manager end task.

    https://aka.ms/AAj0a7g

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments