Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 (ge_release), Install error - 0xc1900101

Anonymous
2024-02-09T20:17:55+00:00

Hi

As per heading of question, my laptop is enlisted in Windows Insider Program for Windows 11 Home edition. I had been receiving insider updates and all installed smoothly. Bu the update as per subject line became available 2 days ago and i proceeded with download and install. After 100 % installation, restart prompt flashed. i promptly restarted but for some reason laptop was taking inordinately long time to apply all updates. After 1 or 2 restarts, laptop simply shut down instead of restarting. I started laptop using power button. And now i received message that last update failed and hence reverting to last known configuration. Laptop finally reverted to earlier state. But again update became available as i have enabled auto update. I downloaded and installed update once again. But this time before restarting, i checked all the drivers were upto date, UEFI and other boot options were enabled, and i removed all USB plugged peripherals. BUT when i clicked the restart again after 1 or 2 restart while applying updates, the laptop just shut down. And when i switched it on , again the process of reverting to last working configuration started. My laptop fulfils all requirement for Windows 11. It is Acer Predator G9-791.

I need to know why this update is failing to install and reverting to present configuration. Kindly advise , any and all inputs are welcome

here i am sharing link to feedback hub as suggested - https://aka.ms/AAp1vq4

So guys and gals, here i am posting a way to resolve it. If you are enlisted in Canary or Beta channel, then update is going to fail invariably. But if you are on Dev channel, then there are very good chances of the update going through. But for changing from Canary or Beta to Dev channel, you will have to install Windows Insider build 23165 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso?wa=wsignin1.0.

Give it a shot and see whether it resolves it for you as it resolved this update error for me.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-21T15:29:26+00:00

    I ended up fixing my problem and was able to complete the installation. The issue was the MSI LEDKeeper.exe. Removing all the MSI stuff from my system fixed the issue. I found this by opening the minidump file using Microsoft's WinDbg, and then seeing what app/process was the last in the list.

    • The minidump file: $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupmem.dmp

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-21T11:55:13+00:00

    Just tried this, along with Jay Jensen's tip, still failed.

    I got a freeze on the installation, then the GSOD with the "Driver_Watchdog" error and then it reverted back the changes

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-21T06:43:45+00:00

    Image

    First Step :: Checking your Device Manager specially Storage Controller.

    Image

    Second Step :: Uninstall other vender Storage Controller leaving only Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller.

    Final Step :: Re-updating Windows 11 26058.1000 build again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T22:33:07+00:00

    I am also having this problem - have updated all drivers and BIOS, still having the issue. Tried it about four times so far with no joy... I am also on the Dev Channel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-18T10:01:19+00:00

    Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26058.1100 - Install error - 0xc1900101

    Got the same on my machine for the past week, tried 6 times already, no luck.

    I am on the Dev channel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments