Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 (ge_release), Install error - 0xc1900101

Anonymous
2024-02-09T20:17:55+00:00

Hi

As per heading of question, my laptop is enlisted in Windows Insider Program for Windows 11 Home edition. I had been receiving insider updates and all installed smoothly. Bu the update as per subject line became available 2 days ago and i proceeded with download and install. After 100 % installation, restart prompt flashed. i promptly restarted but for some reason laptop was taking inordinately long time to apply all updates. After 1 or 2 restarts, laptop simply shut down instead of restarting. I started laptop using power button. And now i received message that last update failed and hence reverting to last known configuration. Laptop finally reverted to earlier state. But again update became available as i have enabled auto update. I downloaded and installed update once again. But this time before restarting, i checked all the drivers were upto date, UEFI and other boot options were enabled, and i removed all USB plugged peripherals. BUT when i clicked the restart again after 1 or 2 restart while applying updates, the laptop just shut down. And when i switched it on , again the process of reverting to last working configuration started. My laptop fulfils all requirement for Windows 11. It is Acer Predator G9-791.

I need to know why this update is failing to install and reverting to present configuration. Kindly advise , any and all inputs are welcome

here i am sharing link to feedback hub as suggested - https://aka.ms/AAp1vq4

So guys and gals, here i am posting a way to resolve it. If you are enlisted in Canary or Beta channel, then update is going to fail invariably. But if you are on Dev channel, then there are very good chances of the update going through. But for changing from Canary or Beta to Dev channel, you will have to install Windows Insider build 23165 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso?wa=wsignin1.0.

Give it a shot and see whether it resolves it for you as it resolved this update error for me.

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T05:25:18+00:00

    Step 1 :: Checking your Device Manager specially Storage Manager below

    Delete other vender such as " SAMSUNG NVME Controller " and etc. leaving it to those picture above instead.

    Re-Update Windows 11 Insider Preview lastest build for your rigs. Finished.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-11T19:07:13+00:00

    I am having the same problem. as: Hi

    As per heading of question, my laptop is enlisted in Windows Insider Program for Windows 11 Home edition. I had been receiving insider updates and all installed smoothly. Bu the update as per subject line became available 2 days ago and i proceeded with download and install. After 100 % installation, restart prompt flashed. i promptly restarted but for some reason laptop was taking inordinately long time to apply all updates. After 1 or 2 restarts, laptop simply shut down instead of restarting. I started laptop using power button. And now i received message that last update failed and hence reverting to last known configuration. Laptop finally reverted to earlier state. But again update became available as i have enabled auto update. I downloaded and installed update once again. But this time before restarting, i checked all the drivers were upto date, UEFI and other boot options were enabled, and i removed all USB plugged peripherals. BUT when i clicked the restart again after 1 or 2 restart while applying updates, the laptop just shut down. And when i switched it on , again the process of reverting to last working configuration started. My laptop fulfils all requirement for Windows 11. It is Acer Predator G9-791.

    I need to know why this update is failing to install and reverting to present configuration. Kindly advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-02-10T22:06:53+00:00

    Hi Ajit Duhoon,

    Your CPU is not on the list of approved Windows 11 CPU, but saying that my computer on W10 runs W11 in Hyper-V with a non CPU for W11.

    On this page are some common 0xC1900101 but if you know the full error will help you. I know it says W10 but still good for W11.

    Windows 10 upgrade resolution procedures - Windows Client | Microsoft Learn

    Have you run DISM and sfc on your system at all?

    Repair a Windows Image | Microsoft Learn

    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

    I know the Acer Predator G9-791 is getting older but I would still check I have the latest bios installed and also check it's not overheating as dust can build up on the fans, etc.

    The last thing I would try is SetupDiag - Windows Deployment | Microsoft Learn but can be quite trying but we will try and help as much as we can.

    We are all volunteers here so we are not from Microsoft, and I doubt MS will answer when you have a 0xc1900101 GSOD or BSOD for that matter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-09T22:14:08+00:00

    Was there a 5 digit hex number in addition to the original one. One of those may help narrow down the possibilities.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. CrazyKats 19,760 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-02-09T21:02:53+00:00

    Please make sure to file this issue in the Feedback Hub

    and share the link here for others to see.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments