Doesn't work for me either. Tried updating device drivers and checking for corrupt files, doesn't work. Currently trying to update to Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview (10.0.25314.1010) (KB5025135), update stuck at 25%.
SOLVED - Display Brightness not working on 25314
3/23 update: build 25324 does not have this bug. ��
Display brightness is not working with this build.
Anyone else?
Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Personalization and accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-03-13T22:35:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-03-13T01:31:10+00:00 I gave up testing different drivers.
There was no change when trying several drivers including the Microsoft Basic Display adapter driver, the problem persists, the function keys on the keyboard to adjust brightness don't work either. 😝
Yet, I found a temporary workaround for the Intel UHD Graphics 620 on a Laptop I tested.
Using the Intel Graphics command center showing below.
The slider on the line showing >All Colors > "Overall lightness or darkness of the content on your screen."
still works and gets similar results (not quite 100%, but good enough to reduce the light) reduces the overall brightness on the screen even if the brightness display slider is completely useless with this build. 😎😁🤷♂️
-
Anonymous
2023-03-11T08:27:58+00:00 Post update Preview 25314.1000 (rs_prerelease),brightness control not working,,the slider goes up and down for brightness but there is no response on the screen brightness,its in the full brightness mode ,I tried battery saver mode too to atleast lower the brightness but its still the highest and that is post I updated to insider program ,latest version mentioned
-
Pauli O 16,380 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-03-11T04:01:17+00:00 I think Jason is referring my reply where installing process hang on at 68% about 3 hours and that require tool for deeper data collection to see what happen during that time. That reply was originally in 25314 thread but it get moved to this thread.
- We are investigating an issue where some users are experiencing longer than expected update times installing recent builds.
>Third laptop stuck Working on Updates 68% once again.
>Finally completed after 3 h 45 min. This is from Setupact.log: