SOLVED - Display Brightness not working on 25314

Anonymous
2023-03-09T14:05:52+00:00

3/23 update: build 25324 does not have this bug. ��

Display brightness is not working with this build.

Anyone else?

https://aka.ms/AAjx75m

DSCN0015[1].AVI

Image

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Personalization and accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T04:36:49+00:00

    > Display brightness is not working with this build. Anyone else?

    Same here. Checked on two laptop and it doesn't work.

    Third laptop stuck Working on Updates 68% once again.

    Thank you for the confirmation. 👍

    https://aka.ms/AAjx75m

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T04:30:46+00:00

    > Display brightness is not working with this build. Anyone else?

    Same here. Checked on two laptop and it doesn't work.

    Third laptop stuck Working on Updates 68% once again.

    I don't understand what Hula_Baloo was referring to when it said grayed out?

    That brightness adjustment is only for built-in displays, it is not even there on a desktop with an external monitor. 🤷‍♂️

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Pauli O 16,380 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-09T04:17:42+00:00

    > Display brightness is not working with this build. Anyone else?

    Same here. Checked on two laptop and it doesn't work.

    Third laptop stuck Working on Updates 68% once again.

    EDIT:

    Finally completed after 3 h 45 min. This is from Setupact.log:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T02:45:34+00:00

    That adjustment is for a built-in display, I think the all-in-one desktops can have that too. 😎

    TBH, I don't remember if I had it on the Lenovo all-in-one.

    It was a W10 machine and long story short, I don't have it anymore. 😢

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T02:41:49+00:00

    Mine's greyed out on my desktop too.

    Thanks.

    I don't think desktops show that option, but I could be wrong as I don't have one to check.

    That adjustment is for a built-in display, I think the all-in-one desktops can have that too. 😎

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments