Surface Pro 7 Randomly Shutting Down

Anonymous
2020-02-11T17:37:21+00:00

Hello,

I bought a Surface Pro 7 last week and it was having a problem where it was randomly shutting off (like the screen goes to black and then when I start it up, it boots up like normal). When I open the computer back up, anything I had opened is closed. I went and returned it for a new one, thinking that I had a buggy laptop. This new one is having the same problems too. I updated when I first got it and I did the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit, which said that everything is working fine. I also changed the sleep settings and that didn't help. I posted the reliability history that I have gotten.

Thank you.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-18T14:54:28+00:00

    Happy Day!!!! It looks like option #4 worked for me as well. I've had it on battery for almost an hour with no shut down.

    Jack

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-24T00:31:41+00:00

    I used option four which said:

    Option 4: Disable the "Panel Self Refresh" option in the Intel Graphics Command Center:

    • "I've fixed it on my SP7 i5/8G/256G by installing the Intel Graphics Command Center from the Microsoft Store, opening it, going to System>Power>Panel Self Refresh and turning it off for both "On Battery" and "Plugged In"."

    At least it didn't crash in the 25 minutes after that anymore which is a huge improvement to the last hours...

    OMG, this is the solution! i dont know how much time this will result, but at least my surface pro 7 (i3) stand turn for 30 min right know. Before this troubleshooting at the 60 second the surface turn off.

    My surface starts to have this problem when i install the las cumulative updates (KB4551762, KB4537572 and KB540673)

    Thanks for this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-24T20:02:10+00:00

    I tried Option 4 and it appeared to work but a couple of days later the problem started happening again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-26T06:18:29+00:00

    Same here. It's annoying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments