Surface Pro 7 Randomly Shutting Down

Anonymous
2020-02-11T17:37:21+00:00

Hello,

I bought a Surface Pro 7 last week and it was having a problem where it was randomly shutting off (like the screen goes to black and then when I start it up, it boots up like normal). When I open the computer back up, anything I had opened is closed. I went and returned it for a new one, thinking that I had a buggy laptop. This new one is having the same problems too. I updated when I first got it and I did the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit, which said that everything is working fine. I also changed the sleep settings and that didn't help. I posted the reliability history that I have gotten.

Thank you.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-13T16:27:42+00:00

    I blamed it on the surface mouse and thoughts it's an issue with the mouse, until it happened while I was using the surface without the mouse

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-26T18:24:24+00:00

    I have the same issues. Bought the surface 3 month ago. Sent in my surface pro 7 now already the second time to Microsoft. This is unacceptable. It either shuts downs without reason, freezes, or somehow doesn't start properly. All the raised "solutions" didn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-26T18:43:48+00:00

    Any updates here from Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-27T01:11:14+00:00

    I would also like to know if there's a solution.  The Surface is my workhorse and my Surface Pro 4 was easily my favorite and most-used computer/tablet/device--EVER.  But even after several hours with Microsoft's helpdesk, I'm still having the random shutdowns and it's driving me mad.  This is where I do my writing, my drawing, my work.  Being able to shut the keyboard and return at any time is extremely important to my morale and enthusiasm.  This kills my mood and enthusiasm.  I forget what I was working on, etc. 

    I'm so sick of this and need a solution now.  

    Where's the solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments