Surface Pro 7 Randomly Shutting Down

Anonymous
2020-02-11T17:37:21+00:00

Hello,

I bought a Surface Pro 7 last week and it was having a problem where it was randomly shutting off (like the screen goes to black and then when I start it up, it boots up like normal). When I open the computer back up, anything I had opened is closed. I went and returned it for a new one, thinking that I had a buggy laptop. This new one is having the same problems too. I updated when I first got it and I did the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit, which said that everything is working fine. I also changed the sleep settings and that didn't help. I posted the reliability history that I have gotten.

Thank you.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-14T20:29:22+00:00

    Sadly, it didn't resolve the issue. By removing the keyboard it definitely delayed the shutdown, but after about 20 minutes it just randomly shut down again :(

    Jack Alspaugh

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-13T22:06:41+00:00

    Hi there, Jack Alspaugh.

    We appreciate the added information you shared and took note of this.

    Regards,

    Janette_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-13T21:58:31+00:00

    Hello, BrendanRamirez!

    Thanks for the update and informing us the situations when it happens. I will include this in our documentation to submit to our internal team regarding this. We will inform you once we get any updates on this. Your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.

    Sincerely,

    Janette_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-13T20:14:43+00:00

    I'm still testing, but this may be related to the keyboard. If i'm unplugged and have the keyboard attached, at just under a minute of no activity it powers off. If i detach the keyboard, i have yet to have it shut down.

    Jack Alspaugh

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments