Surface Pro 7 Randomly Shutting Down

Anonymous
2020-02-11T17:37:21+00:00

Hello,

I bought a Surface Pro 7 last week and it was having a problem where it was randomly shutting off (like the screen goes to black and then when I start it up, it boots up like normal). When I open the computer back up, anything I had opened is closed. I went and returned it for a new one, thinking that I had a buggy laptop. This new one is having the same problems too. I updated when I first got it and I did the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit, which said that everything is working fine. I also changed the sleep settings and that didn't help. I posted the reliability history that I have gotten.

Thank you.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-18T22:23:13+00:00

    Hello, StevenW1989.

    We are truly sorry for the troubles you've encountered with the Surface Pro 7 experiencing unexpected shutdown. We appreciate the time you've given here to let us know about this. Rest assured, we are coordinating this with our internal team and looking into this matter with them. 

    Regards,

    Janette_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-18T13:30:10+00:00

    So is anyone already looking at this? This is taking way too long - a lot of users with new devices are having these issues. I'm really thinking about returning mine as the device is useless for me if it can only be used on the charger.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-15T01:00:11+00:00

    I use it for my office, so during the day it's plugged into a docking station. Never turns off. Only when on battery.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-15T00:02:39+00:00

    I see. Thanks for the update, Jack Alspaugh. We're really sorry if the issue is still present. For the meantime, can you try if it happens when plugged into a charger? I will include this in our report to submit this to our team.

    Regards,

    Janette_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments