Surface Pro 7 Randomly Shutting Down

Anonymous
2020-02-11T17:37:21+00:00

Hello,

I bought a Surface Pro 7 last week and it was having a problem where it was randomly shutting off (like the screen goes to black and then when I start it up, it boots up like normal). When I open the computer back up, anything I had opened is closed. I went and returned it for a new one, thinking that I had a buggy laptop. This new one is having the same problems too. I updated when I first got it and I did the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit, which said that everything is working fine. I also changed the sleep settings and that didn't help. I posted the reliability history that I have gotten.

Thank you.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-13T17:30:52+00:00

    I have this problem. I gave my daughter my SP (2017) when I got my SP 7 on April 2. I have had over 15 BSODs already.

    I'm about to request a full refund as this is ridiculous.

    Here are just a few of the threads over the  past couple of days with this issue. Is engineering looking at this? If not they should be..

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Surface/forum/x/y/d7427cba-5346-49c6-ae0d-3976f45386aa

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Surface/forum/x/y/82061217-c3e0-4cfe-a01e-d9b5d1197e46

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Surface/forum/x/y/ee5e5adb-51af-4586-bf6a-0d469557fa39

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Surface/forum/x/y/5d5e06b3-89cd-4747-862e-b69cb1ea03ea

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Surface/forum/x/y/f97aa35c-dbff-4ef7-9ead-10f4a781035f

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-26T10:48:58+00:00

    Having the same issue as well. It sure is annoying and getting on my nerves

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-26T06:18:29+00:00

    Same here. It's annoying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-24T20:02:10+00:00

    I tried Option 4 and it appeared to work but a couple of days later the problem started happening again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments