Surface Pro 7 Randomly Shutting Down

Anonymous
2020-02-11T17:37:21+00:00

Hello,

I bought a Surface Pro 7 last week and it was having a problem where it was randomly shutting off (like the screen goes to black and then when I start it up, it boots up like normal). When I open the computer back up, anything I had opened is closed. I went and returned it for a new one, thinking that I had a buggy laptop. This new one is having the same problems too. I updated when I first got it and I did the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit, which said that everything is working fine. I also changed the sleep settings and that didn't help. I posted the reliability history that I have gotten.

Thank you.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-26T18:24:24+00:00

    I have the same issues. Bought the surface 3 month ago. Sent in my surface pro 7 now already the second time to Microsoft. This is unacceptable. It either shuts downs without reason, freezes, or somehow doesn't start properly. All the raised "solutions" didn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-13T16:27:42+00:00

    I blamed it on the surface mouse and thoughts it's an issue with the mouse, until it happened while I was using the surface without the mouse

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-08T10:59:27+00:00

    Thanks for this hint. It could be a factor - I also didn't have a re-occurence after checking that both options are disabled.

    Another strange behavior which happens sometimes is the failure to boot. After windows hibernates, when I press the power button to bring it back up, the MS logo appears and stays on the screen without any continuation. Sometimes it takes a couple of forced reboots before the surface boots normally. I have an impression that plugging in the external power can be a factor, although the batter is not empty in most cases.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T03:22:02+00:00

    Hi 

    i bought Surface pro one week before i am also facing the same problem its got switched off itself 

    But when its on charging mode it works fine 

    This happens only when its on battery mode

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments