Surface Pro 7 Randomly Shutting Down

Anonymous
2020-02-11T17:37:21+00:00

Hello,

I bought a Surface Pro 7 last week and it was having a problem where it was randomly shutting off (like the screen goes to black and then when I start it up, it boots up like normal). When I open the computer back up, anything I had opened is closed. I went and returned it for a new one, thinking that I had a buggy laptop. This new one is having the same problems too. I updated when I first got it and I did the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit, which said that everything is working fine. I also changed the sleep settings and that didn't help. I posted the reliability history that I have gotten.

Thank you.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-13T16:39:57+00:00

    Hello,

    I'm using Windows 10 version 1909 with OS build 18363.657. My laptop is fully up to date. The problem has occurred whether or not the type cover was connected and whether or not the charger was connected. It also happens whether or not there is a WiFi connection. At first, I thought it only occurred while I was away from keyboard, but it has also occurred while I was working on assignments. As mentioned before, changing the sleep settings has not helped the problem and the diagnostic toolkit did not notice any problems. I tried a force shutdown and restart, but the problem still persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-13T16:34:29+00:00

    Hello, ishikaagrawal.

    We're truly sorry for the troubles. I responded to your own thread.

    Thanks for your time!

    Regards,

    Janette_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-13T09:59:41+00:00

    I have the same problem!!!!!!! The screenshot is the same as mine!! Did you solve this issue? I cant.. Tried a lot of stuff.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-11T23:02:39+00:00

    Hi, Barb Bowman!

    Thanks for taking the time to share the threads. Those threads you've shared have been included in our reports as we've already raised this to our team.

    Regards,                                                                                                                 

    Janette_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments