How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?

Anonymous
2020-05-12T02:02:56+00:00

I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this? 

As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.

Help!

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-07T00:28:35+00:00

    Crest_Z,

    Please stop misleading people to believe that the Surface will not support 3 monitors. I like many others below have had success setting up three monitors with absolutely no issues. My current setup includes two 32" monitors via HDMI (Docking Station) and a third 32" monitor via Mini Display Port to Display Port. Works like a charm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-23T18:25:24+00:00

    I have plugged in a third display using a USB-C to HDMI. I am ok not using the surface display, but cant seem to get all 3 external displays working. Is there something that needs changed in the settings?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T18:28:36+00:00

    I can confirm this configuration works with my Surface Book 2, however I have to reconfigure all my displays (order, orientation, and enable) every time I undock/dock or restart the laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-08T10:41:33+00:00

    Hi Crest_Z

    Please clarify this as i am using a dock to power two monitors, and today plugged a USB-C to HDMi direct from my Surface Pro 7 to the 3rd monitor and it doesn't work.

    Thanks

    Coe

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-25T21:41:08+00:00

    Hi Bobby,

    That makes sense... I think we have the same ports on the Surface... one USB A and one USB C...    I bought a simple splitter to take the feed from the USB C and split it into an RGB and a HDMI feed, but its the same duplicated image.

    I can see what you have done. It seems I need the Surface Dock to get the extra two screens out. Can you tell me what Dock it is? is there a model number? 

    Also, do you use the Surface screen at the same time as well? Or three completely separate external monitors? Which would make 4 screens if you counted the Surface as well?

    Thanks very much. You have been very helpful.

    Regards

    Willem 

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments