Greetings Mark,
The best option available, is while the Surface is connected to a second monitor, to set it to "Second screen only".
You can do this by:
- Swipe from the right
- Touch Devices
- Touch Second Screen
- Touch Second Screen only.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I've read many question posted similar to this. The truth is none of them answer it. Let's change that or at least get Microsoft to do something about it. Every other computer in the world can do this...why not the surface pro!!! I see the exact behavior occur that I desire when I go to second screen only option...but it doesn't stay there. For obvious reasons....we need a new power option! Does anybody know how to effectively "yell" at Microsoft?
***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Greetings Mark,
The best option available, is while the Surface is connected to a second monitor, to set it to "Second screen only".
You can do this by:
I agree tomdeloford - this simple annoying issue has not been resolved and why the dickens not for goodness sake? Grrrrrr.....
This is an absolute joke! How is this not possible and why has it been removed? Do you guys not use your own devices? Surely someone at MS would have raised and got this bug fixed if they did. Really cannot understand how these decisions get made.
Greetings JordanLance,
We understand how being able to turn off the screen without putting the Surface in sleep can be helpful, however the function is not available. We will pass along the feedback and the request to add it into a future version.
Yes Please. I have a Surface 3 - and I would VERY MUCH like to be able to turn off the screen while streaming music - and it looks like surface 3 dosn't have the 'external screen' option...
This would be excellent for PRIVACY Issues too as I work with Clients who I would like the quick option of turning off the screen if there is confidential info I do not want them to view without putting the tablet to sleeps and stopping background apps etc.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE beg the programmers for an update to make it a simple possibility for a "Screen Off" option.
Thank you!
Carl Bromley
With SP4, you can now use the power button to "Turn off the display"
Solution:
Settings>Power>Advanced Power Options>Balanced 'Change Plan Settings'>Change advanced Power Settings>Power buttons and lid>Power Button Action>On Battery> Turn off the display.
if this option is not available, you might need to do something with regedit to enable all power options. i did that a while ago, so i'm unsure if this option is only available after enabling all power options from regedit.
good luck.