duo goes black

Anonymous
2021-05-01T19:27:22+00:00

Can anyone figure out why one screen on my Duo Phone goes black periodically, seemed to happen after last update? Only way to get it back is to turn phone on and off!

Surface | Surface Duo | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-16T02:03:16+00:00

    The conclusion I've made for myself is that it was a big mistake buying a Microsoft phone. It's one thing if I spent under $300 and had a bunch of problems, but I spent $1100 six months ago and Microsoft could care less about all these problems with the phone cuz nothing has changed. Every single day, I have to change the keyboard from the Google keyboard to the Microsoft keyboard and back to the Google keyboard just so I can see what I'm typing when sending a text. Every single day, my screen goes black at random times. Every time I want to use the camera, I have to deal with the screen opposite the camera lens turning off while it's facing up and turning on the screen facing down. I can't just use the camera. I have to play with the phone for a minute before I can use the camera. Why hasn't any of this been fixed? Microsoft is wasting their time making a Microsoft Surface Duo 2 cuz I'm not going to buy it and I'm definitely going to discourage anyone who wants to buy it. After this phone, I'll never buy another Microsoft phone!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-16T01:06:34+00:00

    I have the same issue. I am now in my third Microsoft Duo (for other issues). All three versions have had this issue where the right or left screen will display the "click screen to turn on" then switch to single screen mode. This has occurred most often while using YouTube in full left and right screen mode with the screens flat and propped up against something (not being handled) to keep the device near vertical. The only way I have been able to reactivate the screen has been to close the screens and open them again. This occurred today on my brand new out of the box device (not likely to be dirt in the hinge). I am running the latest update (Aug 5 2021). Would like this issue resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-14T13:01:57+00:00

    well, i had a second issue that i assumed to be related. my screens started flashing and turning green. made phone unusable. MS rep told me it was a very limited screen defect. It is possible these are two separate issues. Again, MS gave me no hassle with replacing it.

    i have had no issues with replacement but have only had the second one about half the time of first one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-13T20:37:16+00:00

    Well my warranty ends in October so I better get mine sent in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-13T20:29:31+00:00

    Hi,

    To me that looks like the hinges are sending a signal that the device is used in "fully open" mode.

    So it could be either hardware or software. But most probably hardware.

    I am under the impression that the hinges can get some "dirt" (like a little dust or something) that may cause interferences. I've noticed that mine were full of that dust from your pockets and that it happend really often then.
    Cleansed those and it seems to solve (or at least reduce significantly).

    Still, that doesn't solve another major problem that arose : the fact that you can't really play some games. But that will be another thread.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments