Surface Pro 2017 screen flickering

Anonymous
2017-09-20T07:28:20+00:00

My surface pro 2017 i5 8gb ram screen flickers from time to time. The flickering become more intense while gaming. Wondering if any of you has the same issue or my device is faulty.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-19T13:15:10+00:00

    Hi Howe,

    One possible reason why screen flickers is incompatible app. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link. If the problem persists, you may check if you have Hyper-V installed and turn it off. Here's how: 

    1. Select the search box in the taskbar, enter programs and features, and select Programs and Features.
    2. Select Turn Windows features on or off.
    3. Remove the check from Hyper-V and tap OK.
    4. Restart the Surface device.

    Let us know if you need further assistance.

    Regards.

    I had already done this with help of Microsoft Surface Customer Care team but still it's getting same issue. I had reset surface also. Now i want to replace or repair this asap. Device is out-of-warrenty.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-06T12:58:40+00:00

    Hey 

    WE

    weilwael

    Sorry to hear that, my unit (i5, 4Gb) have the same issue too even when plugged in. I've been searching around but not much has been reported of the same issue as us. Hopefully Microsoft do put up something definite for us users...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-05T22:22:39+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the same issue on my surface Pro 2017 (i7, 16GB)... I'm facing noticeable Flickering when on battery ... Also, I'm seeing light bleed on the bottom and left side of the device...

    Any one solved the issue ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-02T14:21:29+00:00

    OMG I'm having this too - I'm so glad it's not just me! Tried everything so gonna have to ring them on Monday after weeping.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments