Surface Pro 3 Touch Controller Firmware

Anonymous
2014-07-02T17:10:48+00:00

Surface Pro Touch Controller Firmware has triangle in device manager after firmware update

Have tried to reload/update/reset/refresh, no luck. in device manager, I am getting this in device status:

"The device cannot work properly until you restart your computer.(Code 14)."

I restart, several times no luck

Rich

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-15T00:54:11+00:00

Hello RichardN.

Thank you.  I'd like to go over the possibilities one more time with you, just to see if I have missed anything.

When did this start?  Did you initially have touch capability?  Was a particular app or software installed prior to touch discontinuing?

Is the Pen also affected, or are you able to use Pen input?

You have tried all the steps in the Touchscreen Troubleshooting?  Particularly, Resetting Calibration and doing a Two Button Shutdown.

Have you attempted uninstalling the banged out driver, followed by a restart?

After Refreshing/Resetting, do you get any response from the touchscreen prior to installing

updates and any additional software?  Be sure to install updates, restarting between layers even if not prompted to do so.  Restart twice after the last update is installed.  If touch functions up until installing a particular app or program, try uninstalling it to see if function returns.

If none of this is able to return touch functionality, please contact your retailer or Support.  You can contact Support Here or Here.

Best regards

I have sent back my Surface 3.  When I received the device, it worked, after an update is did not work.

Tried all the normal procedures to replace a bad driver and still no results.

Even after refreshing the device no touch screen.

Rich

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-30T18:07:51+00:00

Hi XinGao,

Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community! We appreciate the time you have taken to consult this issue with us. I’m sorry to hear your touch screen stopped responding after the update. I can certainly imagine your concern so please know, we will do our best to guide you towards the best possible solution!

In order to better assist you we will need more details:

  • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers?
  • Even though you mention this happened after the update, please make sure all and latest Windows updatesare installed.
  • Additionally, if the touchscreen doesn’t respond correctly to touch, try these solutions:
  • Surface touchscreen: problems with touch

•Before you begin

•Solution 1: Clean the screen

•Solution 2: Reset touchscreen calibration

•Solution 3: Install the latest updates

•Solution 4: Two button shutdown (Surface Pro only)

•Solution 5: Restore, refresh, or reset Surface

Please note, if none of the steps above work, it is recommended that you Refresh your Surface as shown here:

If after Refreshing your Surface the problem persists as Barb Bowman suggests, please contact our Technical Support team.

You can contact them by visiting our Self Service Center here or contact support here.

Keep us posted, we are always here to help!

Cheers,

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-03T23:40:43+00:00

    Just to clarify a bit further, I also tried all of the steps necessary to try and resolve the touchscreen not responding problem. I previously didn't try the restore/refresh/reset options because I didn't want to reinstall all of the programs. I just tried those options and thus far nothing has worked.

    For some context, this is actually my second Pro 3. The first one (which is right next to me) is waiting to be returned due to a heating and wifi issue, which I've read is normal and a firmware issue, respectively. Not sure if I should keep the first one in this case and wait for the Wifi problem to be rectified, or keep this one and hope for the touchscreen problem to be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-08T04:17:15+00:00

    the same issue with me.what's the matter?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-07T15:30:36+00:00

    Hi Barrett,

    I'm returning my device. My situation was different because the one with the faulty touchscreen was actually a replacement for my first Pro 3. Thing is, the first SP3 had problems which were fixed with firmware updates, so I'll be keeping the first one and returning the second one.

    You can call microsoft to initiate a replacement. The number given to me was: (877) 696 7786 though it's probably best to check for yourself what the number is. I started by contacting them through the online chat support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments