SurfaceOemPanel cannot be found Error in Event Log

Anonymous
2020-01-21T23:09:30+00:00

Hi, 

I have a Surface Pro X, and I was checking the event log, and I can see many errors from SurfaceOemPanel, but they all state that "The description for Event ID 512 from source SurfaceOemPanel cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

Same for Event ID 514.

Not sure what this error is, and what is the issue, but I have been facing problems with Skye For Business, and I think these events are related.

Thanks

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-05T08:57:18+00:00

    Hi, 

    I have a Surface Pro X, and I was checking the event log, and I can see many errors from SurfaceOemPanel, but they all state that "The description for Event ID 512 from source SurfaceOemPanel cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

    Same for Event ID 514.

    Not sure what this error is, and what is the issue, but I have been facing problems with Skye For Business, and I think these events are related.

    Thanks

    I have the same issue.  I have several users using Microsoft Surfaces with Microsoft docking stations.  The display goes black for a couple of seconds and comes back.  Device ful fully updated firmware + software but to no avail.

    Microsoft, do we have any updates on this issue pls we seriously need a fix.

    Thanks truly appreciated.

    Chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T10:30:40+00:00

    Hello,

    Same "SurfaceOemPanel" error on our director's Surface Pro7 where everything is up to date.

    It was on video, the tablet turned black, impossible to restart.

    The only way was to keep the ignition button pressed for 20 seconds.

    The only error in the event log is just "SurfaceOemPanel" which keeps coming up a few minutes before, so it would be nice if MS would fix this because I'm in doubt.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-10T15:20:00+00:00

    Same problem here. Surface pro 7 i7/16GB,  Surface dock 1, External monitor plugged into dock. Surface and monitor are brand new and are having some kind of display port issue. Mini-dp to HDMI via adapter works, mini-dp to dp does not (blue screens, detects only as 640x480, etc). Everything in windows update up to date. Surface pro and surface dock firmware updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-16T15:17:22+00:00

    Same problem, but unlike many of the other people I am not connecting to and external monitor.

    Log Name:      Application

    Source:        SurfaceOemPanel

    Date:          4/16/2021 8:12:04 AM

    Event ID:      512

    Task Category: None

    Level:         Error

    Keywords:      Classic

    User:          N/A

    Computer:      DESKTOP-337UVAL

    Description:

    The description for Event ID 512 from source SurfaceOemPanel cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

    The following information was included with the event: 

    CSC HW 13272383

    ReGamma HW 1119803

    DeGamma HW 83343668

    Computed 13272383

    Computed 1119803

    Computed 83336826

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-21T20:20:27+00:00

    Hi,

    Surface Book 3. newly purchased yesterday. 

    Only Windows with all updates and Microsoft mouse. No external monitor, no docking station, no additional software. 

    Why same problem,

    Marek

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments