Hello everyone,
I have the same issue.
Has anyone figured out any solution for this ?
Any updates from Microsoft ??
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I have a Surface Pro X, and I was checking the event log, and I can see many errors from SurfaceOemPanel, but they all state that "The description for Event ID 512 from source SurfaceOemPanel cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."
Same for Event ID 514.
Not sure what this error is, and what is the issue, but I have been facing problems with Skye For Business, and I think these events are related.
Thanks
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello everyone,
I have the same issue.
Has anyone figured out any solution for this ?
Any updates from Microsoft ??
Hello all!
I had this exact problem. External monitor connected through Surface Dock with my Surface Pro 7. external monitor had no display, but Surface believed the display was there (the mouse would move to the display). I ran through the Windows Help troubleshooter and one of the things to try was to use a registry script that clears the display cache. Upon reboot after clearing display cache, external monitor was found and had an image.
So, look for the script to clear display cache in Registry.
info can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023496/surface-troubleshoot-connecting-to-a-second-screen
The registry cleanup script didn't help me, but the good news is, Windows Insider Build 2004 contains two Surface Pro and Surface X (I think) firmware updates that have fixed all of my flickering graphics issues, and these event log messages.
Refer to this thread:
Here is how I resolved the problem after trying a few things.
First, I unplugged the external monitors from my Surface Dock and booted the system to see if the error code went away, and it did.
So in my case, I was able to determine that the extra monitors were the source of the error code.
What I noticed was that I was using an external monitor, not the Surface Pro 7, as the main/primary display. Once I set the Surface Pro 7 screen as the main display, my problems were fixed.
This makes sense because the error relates to the "SurfaceOEMPanel cannot be found". The software expects that the main display is the Surface
panel and it can't find the panel when an external monitor is set as the main display, and that is why the error goes away when no external monitors are being used.
So to try this fix:
-Right click on the screen and select "Display settings".
-Click the Identify button and make sure that you have selected the Surface panel by clicking on the proper rectangle. (This is usually screen 1).
-Scroll down and look under "Multiple displays" and check the box "Make this my main display".
-Now try rebooting your system and check the error codes.
This fix does mean that the Surface becomes your main display which is often a smaller monitor than the external monitors.
I will try it, not sure if that work because the surface display was the main monitor. But I have another question are you getting BSOD if you unpluging your Display Cable. If not what kind of kabel to you have? I am using a USB C to HDMI.