Well the problem is back, sweet success delayed. How did you update the dockware? I will try that next. Thanks
SurfaceOemPanel cannot be found Error in Event Log
Hi,
I have a Surface Pro X, and I was checking the event log, and I can see many errors from SurfaceOemPanel, but they all state that "The description for Event ID 512 from source SurfaceOemPanel cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."
Same for Event ID 514.
Not sure what this error is, and what is the issue, but I have been facing problems with Skye For Business, and I think these events are related.
Thanks
Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-02-17T04:53:56+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-02-17T05:10:10+00:00 The link below as step by step.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023478/surface-update-your-surface-dock
-
Anonymous
2020-03-03T22:12:16+00:00 I'm having the exact same issue with a Surface Laptop 3. My dock has one screen attached along with a couple USB devices (wireless keyboard dongle and a Plantronics wireless headset adapter). This issue just started for me today. I have a Surface dock at home and another one at the office. I updated both Surface docks to the latest build firmware a few weeks ago. The dock at home doesn't seem to have this issue but the dock at work does. Makes me think the dock at work didn't get the update. I've uninstalled the update, reinstalled it and checked the event logs to ensure the update completed. Still - the issue persists. If I unplug the screen from the dock the errors stop hitting the event log.
-
Anonymous
2020-03-11T03:23:43+00:00 it would be worth it to restart in safe mode with networking and install SurfaceOemPanel from there. Restart in safe mode, then go to the device manager, delete the driver of the surface under monitor. Then, reinstall it from the safe mode.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode
I guess the problem come from Microsoft, I have the feeling that their driver can't be installed because of a security problem when it installed from windows update. When the surface tried to install the driver in the normal mode of windows, i heard the sound confirming that the device was installed instantly followed by the sound of a device that was removed from the system.
-
Anonymous
2020-03-26T19:17:44+00:00 Hi community
Same issue here on a Surface Laptop 3 - less than 3 months old :-(
Running all lastest Windows Updates. Have updated to latest driver and firmaware.
And a lot of other errors in the Event Log (see below)
It also boots by it self after being in power save mode. Had to disable the power saving options.
Sad to see this on a high-end expensive piece of hardware.