SurfaceOemPanel cannot be found Error in Event Log

Anonymous
2020-01-21T23:09:30+00:00

Hi, 

I have a Surface Pro X, and I was checking the event log, and I can see many errors from SurfaceOemPanel, but they all state that "The description for Event ID 512 from source SurfaceOemPanel cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

Same for Event ID 514.

Not sure what this error is, and what is the issue, but I have been facing problems with Skye For Business, and I think these events are related.

Thanks

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-13T17:22:51+00:00

    I have follow the dock firmware update procedures and configured that the "auto" firmware update is enabled and that the dock is on the current version. Can you advise what you found?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-13T16:47:49+00:00

    I did a surface pro firmware update and it fixed my problems.  Ahhhhh Sweet Success

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-12T16:17:33+00:00

    Thanks for the response, however, I am not sure I follow. I do connect the device to two different notes, same firmware, as I move between offices.  In both locations there are two external monitors, however, they are not identical. Is this consistent with the point you are making?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-12T15:37:24+00:00

    I am having the same issue with my surface pro attached to two external monitors.  One blacks out and occasionally comes back, the other drops to super low resolution.  Tried windows update and driver updates, but no improvement.

    Log Name:      Application

    Source:        SurfaceOemPanel

    Date:          2/12/2020 8:52:45 AM

    Event ID:      514

    Task Category: None

    Level:         Error

    Keywords:      Classic

    User:          N/A

    Computer:      DESKTOP-2DTLR85

    Description:

    The description for Event ID 514 from source SurfaceOemPanel cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

    The following information was included with the event:

    Event Xml:

    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

    <System>

    <Provider Name="SurfaceOemPanel" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="49153">514</EventID>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-12T14:52:45.954348500Z" />

    <EventRecordID>16051</EventRecordID>

    <Channel>Application</Channel>

    <Computer>DESKTOP-2DTLR85</Computer>

    <Security />

    </System>

    <EventData>

    </EventData>

    </Event>

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-02-04T01:43:17+00:00

    I have a Surface Pro 3 which is attached to two external monitors. I have same error message, however, the "information provided with event" is blank, no information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments