Microsoft refers to the benefits of the updated firmware here.
Surface Dock Firmware Updater won't install - Failed to install SurfaceBaseFwUpdateDriver.dll
Hi
I'm trying to install a firmware update for the Surface Dock I am using connected to my (first generation) Surface Book.
Primarily I'm trying to do this so I can charge my iPhone from the Surface Dock without having the connection repeatedly connect and drop.
I am running Windows 10 (Creator's edition, up to date as of 2nd Feb 2018) and trying to install:
Surface_Dock_Updater_v2.12.136.0.msi
During the installation process I get the following message.
Failed to install SurfaceBaseFwUpdateDriver.dll. Aborting installation.
Any ideas?
Regards
Jonathan
Surface | Accessories | Surface Dock
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-10-13T10:09:17+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-10-13T07:50:41+00:00 You mention "new and enhanced functions".
What are these supposed to be? Documentation?
-
Anonymous
2018-08-16T18:07:57+00:00 I'm having the same issue... stops at 33% and never continues. I am also trying to fix a monitor issue. Ironically, this is my second surface dock with this issue. I bought a second one thinking that would help, but a year later... same issue all over again with a different monitor. Any other ideas on a fix?
Thanks,
Mindy
-
Anonymous
2018-06-27T20:49:18+00:00 Hi Steve1965F. Much appreciated. I have tried EVERYTHING that I could find netwide on this issue. This works. Thanks SO much.
Claus
-
Anonymous
2018-06-09T20:53:45+00:00 Hi NilsA,
Good to hear that you were able to update the new Surface Dock and it's working now. With regard to your RMA concern, we suggest that you contact our Support Team to further assist you with this matter.